Are you on the hunt for healthy zucchini recipes that are not only delicious but also versatile for all seasons? Look no further! These Zucchini Rollups are a delightful and nutritious option that combines the goodness of fresh zucchini with the health benefits of canned tomatoes. Packed with flavors and nutrients, this recipe is a perfect addition to your collection of wholesome meals.
This recipe for Zucchini Rollups is packed with nutrients like fiber, vitamins A and C, and antioxidants thanks to the fresh zucchini and canned tomatoes. While there are many health benefits associated with both of these ingredients, research shows that the lycopene content in tomatoes has been linked to various health benefits, including heart health and a reduced risk of prostate cancer.
So, what are you waiting for? Give these Zucchini Rollups a try this week for a light and satisfying dish that’s perfect for any season! Learn how to make this recipe here.
Try the NEW Tomato Wellness cookbook!
Discover our array of diverse recipes, each designed to bring the warmth of traditional family dining to your table. These meals are not only simple to prepare but also budget-friendly, making them perfect for busy households. Tailored to please every palate, our recipes cater to both individual tastes and family-wide preferences. Developed by our multicultural culinary team, these dishes offer a celebration of global flavors, ensuring nutritious, easy-to-make, and affordable meals for you and your family.
- 3 Large Zucchini, Ends Trimmed
- 2 Tsp. Olive Oil
- 8 Tbsp. Shredded Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese, Divided
- 1 Large Egg, Lightly Beaten
- 1⅓ Cups Low-Fat Cottage Cheese
- 1 10 Oz Package Frozen Spinach, Thawed And Squeezed Dry
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
- ¼ Tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- ⅛ Tsp. Kosher Salt
- ¾ Cup Low-Sodium Marinara Sauce, Divided Or The Marinara Sauce On Page000
- 2 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and position racks in upper and lower thirds of the oven.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise as thin as possible to get 20 total strips, about ⅛ inch thick each. Toss the zucchini in olive oil and arrange in a single layer on 2 rimmed baking sheets. Bake the zucchini, turning once, until tender, about 10 minutes total.
- Meanwhile, combine 6 Tbsp. mozzarella, egg, cottage cheese, spinach, garlic powder, black pepper and kosher salt in a medium bowl.
- Spread ¼ cup marinara in an 8-inch square baking dish. Place 1 Tbsp. of the cottage cheese mix near the bottom of the strip of zucchini. Roll it up and place, standing up, in the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining zucchini and filling. Top the rolls with the remaining ½ cup marinara sauce and sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle Italian seasoning on top.
- Bake the zucchini until the cheese is bubbly, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with more Italian seasoning, if desired, right before serving. Enjoy!
- Serve this beautiful dish with a simple green salad and some crusty whole grain bread for sopping up every last bit of sauce.
- Recipe approved by Ellie Krieger, Culinary Nutritionist (RD) for Tomato Wellness.com
Serving Size:5 rollups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 570mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 4gSugar: 9gProtein: 21g