The Southwestern flavors of this completely plant-based, gluten-free Black Bean Corn Chili make it an easy satisfying meal anytime of the year—you can also cook it up quickly in an Instant Pot.
- 1 pound dried black beans
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 – 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon barbeque sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Soak black beans in a pot filled with water overnight. Discard water.
- Place drained, soaked beans in a large pot. Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a simmer and then reduce heat to medium heat. Cook for about 60-70 minutes, until chili is thick and beans are tender.
Slow Cooker Directions: You may cook this chili in a slow-cooker during steps 2 – 3. Cook on high setting for 4 – 5 hours or on low setting for 8 – 10 hours.
Instant Pot Directions: Place all ingredients in the container of the Instant Pot. Press “Bean/Chili” setting. Cook according to manufacturer’s directions. Serve immediately.
Variations: Substitute red beans or pinto beans for black beans.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 258Total Fat: 1gSodium: 86mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 11gSugar: 6gProtein: 14g
For more soup recipes, check out: