I show-cased a bunch of swiss chard from my garden in this recipe. Swiss chard is one of the easiest things to grow in your garden, and it survives in cooler as well as warmer weather. Use this simple Swiss Chard Pecan Lasagna recipe for inspiration to cook out of your pantry. Based on primarily pantry ingredients, you can enjoy this delicious meal any night of the week. If you don’t have swiss chard, simply swap it out for other leafy greens you have on hand, too—such as spinach, kale, or collards.
Swiss chard is one of my favorite ingredients. Watch my video below on my favorite ways to use this nutrient-rich vegetable in your diet.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning blend
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch sea salt (optional)
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ cup water
- 1 ¼ cups finely chopped pecans, divided
- 8 sheets lasagna noodles (look for whole grain), dry
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, sliced
- 1 cup plant-based cheese, shredded
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan.
- Sauté onion, bell pepper, and garlic for 8 minutes.
- Add Italian seasoning, black pepper, and sea salt (if desired), stirring well.
- Add diced tomatoes with liquid, tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, and 1 cup of the pecans. Stir sauce well and heat for 3 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Layer the following ingredients in a 13 X 9-inch baking dish, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray:
4 sheets of dry lasagna noodles
Half of the chard
Half of the tomato vegetable mixture
Half of the cheese
Repeat the layers so that there are two layers.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup pecans, and bake uncovered for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, slice into squares, and serve.
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 380
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 230 mg
- Fat: 22 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 44 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 9 g