Here’s a go-to recipe for a one-dish meal that takes about 10 minutes to get in the oven. Based on the summery Italian flavors of eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, beans, olives, and herbs, this Easy Italian Eggplant Bake is filled with flavor and it’s 100% plant-based. It’s also good served over pasta! Use this recipe for Easy Italian Eggplant Bake to showcase a bounty of produce from your garden, farmers market, or grocery store.
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium eggplant, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 can white beans, rinsed drained
- ½ cup shredded plant-based cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Make the tomato sauce by combining in a medium bowl marinara sauce, olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, and black pepper.
- In a large baking dish (9 x 13-inches), layer half of the eggplant, zucchini, onion, olives, and beans.
- Pour half of the tomato sauce over the vegetables.
- Layer the remaining vegetables—eggplant, zucchini, onion, olives and beans.
- Pour over the remaining tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle with plant-based cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 F for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes, until tender and golden brown. Makes 6 servings.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 265Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 245mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 9gSugar: 10gProtein: 8g