Introducing a savory twist on a weeknight classic: Salad Pizza, the perfect solution for a quick and easy, yet health-conscious dinner that brings together the best of both worlds. This recipe not only satisfies your craving for a comforting and familiar pizza experience, but also elevates it into a nutritious delight.
Crafting a salad pizza is simple, which makes it an ideal choice for busy weeknights when time is of the essence. The melding of fresh, crisp salad greens with the toasted pita or flatbread creates a harmonious balance, delivering a wholesome meal in minutes.
The beauty of this dish lies not only in its simplicity but also in its health benefits. This homemade pizza recipe has canned marinara sauce, which is rich in vitamins, antioxidants, and lycopene – an antioxidant that is known for its potential role in reducing the risk of certain diseases. Plus, canned tomato products are environmentally friendly, which makes this recipe even more appealing. So what are you waiting for? The next time you get a pizza craving, give this budget-friendly recipe a try to satisfy your taste buds! Learn how to make this recipe here.
Try the NEW Tomato Wellness cookbook!
Discover our array of diverse recipes, each designed to bring the warmth of traditional family dining to your table. These meals are not only simple to prepare but also budget-friendly, making them perfect for busy households. Tailored to please every palate, our recipes cater to both individual tastes and family-wide preferences. Developed by our multicultural culinary team, these dishes offer a celebration of global flavors, ensuring nutritious, easy-to-make, and affordable meals for you and your family.
- 3 Cups Mixed Salad Greens, Any Variety
- 1 (15.5 Ounce) Can Garbanzo Beans, Drained And Rinsed
- ½ Cup Sliced Orange Bell Pepper, Or Any Type Of Bell Pepper
- ¼ Cup Sliced Red Onion
- ½ Cup Small Cubed Part-Skim Mozzarella
- ½ Cup Jarred Marinara Sauce
- 4 Pita Or Flatbread, Preferably Whole Wheat, Toasted
- 1 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Water
- 1 Tsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- ⅛ Tsp. Kosher Salt
- ¼ Tsp. Oregano
- Dash Ground Black Pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the spring mix, garbanzo beans, bell pepper, red onion and mozzarella.
- In a separate bowl or mason jar, add all the dressing ingredients and mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired.
- Place your toasted pitas or flatbreads down and spread with 2 Tbsp. of marinara sauce.
- Right before serving, toss salad with dressing and top your pita/flatbread. Enjoy!
- Tomato paste adds a deep, lightly sweet flavor, beautiful color, and nutrition to salad dressings. Add a touch of it to just about any oil and vinegar based or Italian dressing to give it that extra layer of tomato goodness.
- Recipe approved by Ellie Krieger, Culinary Nutritionist (RD) for Tomato Wellness.com
Serving Size:1 pizza
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 330Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2.5gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 710mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 15g