Looking for an easy, classic potato side-dish you can throw together in minutes? Well, here you go! This simple, flavorful 4-ingredient side dish for Roasted Rosemary Potatoes and Tomatoes can be whipped up easy-peasy, out of ingredients you probably have in your pantry right now. The beauty of this vegetable and potato dish is that it calls upon three favorites—canned tomatoes, rosemary and potatoes. This 100% plant-based side-dish is the perfect accompaniment for savory dishes, such as lentil patties, chickpea loaf, and veggie balls. Plus it’s a great dish to tote along to your next potluck or even holiday dinner. Best of all, it’s an easy way to fit in a serving of healthful vegetables into your day!
The classic Mediterranean flavors of rosemary, garlic, olive oil, and tomatoes are all alive and present in this satisfying dish. If you don’t have fresh rosemary available (which is one of the easiest herbs to grow in warm weather climates), used dried rosemary.
Roasted Rosemary Potatoes and Tomatoes
This simple, flavorful 4-ingredient side dish for Roasted Rosemary Potatoes and Tomatoes can be whipped up easy-peasy, out of ingredients you probably have in your pantry right now.
- 6 medium red and/or gold potatoes, unpeeled, scrubbed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Black pepper and salt, as desired (optional)
- 1 ½ teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Slice unpeeled potatoes into thin wedges and place in a 9 × 13 inch baking dish.
- Spoon over garlic, canned diced tomatoes, olive oil, black pepper and salt (as desired), and rosemary. Toss to distribute ingredients using tongs or a spoon.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 hour, until tender and golden brown. Stir ingredients every 20 minutes.