- 1 ½ teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Pinch salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 pound white fish, cut into 4 (4-ounce) fillets (such as tilapia, cod, whitefish, rockfish)
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- Red chili flakes
- Hot sauce
- Lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2. In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil.
3. Add the garlic, and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add the onion and bell pepper, and cook for 3 minutes stirring slightly.
5. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, lemon juice, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Remove from the heat. In a 3-quart rectangular baking dish, add half of the sauce. Arrange the fish fillets over the sauce. Pour the remainder of the sauce over the 4 fish fillets.
7. Place the dish, uncovered, in the oven, and bake for 20 minutes.
8. Remove the dish from the oven, and top with the chopped parsley.
If desired, add red chili flakes or hot sauce for extra spice.
Serving Size:1 4-ounce fish fillet + ½ cup vegetables
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 356mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 33g