Looking for a tasty appetizer that will please a crowd? Check out this Chicken Parmesan Dip! This dip combines ingredients like ricotta cheese, basil, and fire-roasted tomatoes and will hit the spot when you are craving hearty comfort food.
To make this Chicken Parmesan Dip, you just need to add the ingredients to a baking dish, throw it in the oven and (not so) patiently wait for it to finish! After the dip comes out of the oven, you will be left with a bubbly, cheesy, and melty appetizer that is perfect to pair with toasted bread. This is a recipe that can easily be finished off while you are busy entertaining guests.
Other than the protein, one of the other key ingredients in this recipe is the fire-roasted tomatoes. Not only do they pack a flavorful punch, but they also crank up the nutritional value! Tomatoes are a great source of nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, potassium, and lycopene. Both vitamin C and lycopene are antioxidants that function in our body to reduce inflammation and destroy free radicals that can cause disease.
You can also make this recipe all year round, as canned tomatoes are a nutritious and affordable pantry staple. So, what are you waiting for? Give this Chicken Parmesan Dip a try for your next party. And don’t forget to make extra–this dip is so good that it will fly right off the table!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 (14 oz.) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- ¾ tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup diced, cooked chicken
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F. Spray a 6-cup baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add in the onion, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Cook until the onion turns translucent then mix in the diced tomatoes and Italian seasoning.
- Combine a half cup of the mozarella, ricotta, and two tablespoons of the basil in a bowl.
- Spread a half cup of the tomato sauce into the prepared baking dish. Top with a layer of the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle the chicken on top then spoon the remaining tomato sauce over top. Finish with sprinkling the remaining mozzarella cheese and parmesan on top.
- Bake it in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the top is bubbly and the cheese has melted.
- Remove the dip from the oven and let it stand for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with the remaining chopped fresh basil and enjoy!