- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 can 10oz petite diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1 box 12oz short cut pasta (rotini or penne or the like)
- 1 can 15oz can corn, drained
- 1 can 15oz black beans, rinsed and drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
• Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add onion and red bell pepper. Increase heat to high and add the ground turkey. Cook until browned, about 8 minutes. Stir in taco seasoning and chicken stock.
• Stir in diced tomatoes with green chilies, corn, black beans and dry pasta. Bring to a boil.
• Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for about 15 minutes. Uncover and stir every 2-3 minutes until thicken. Season with salt and pepper.
• Remove from heat, top with shredded Mexican cheese and serve.