Mediterranean Beef with Mixed Olives and Feta
MEDITERRANEAN BEEF WITH MIXED OLIVES AND FETA
A flavorful twist on beef stew with the help of your slow cooker. Recipe courtesy of Beef – It’s What’s for Dinner.
- 2 POUNDS BEEF STEW MEAT, CUT INTO 1/2 TO 3/4-INCH PIECES
- 2 CANS (14-1/2 TO 15 OUNCES EACH) CHILI-SEASONED DICED TOMATOES, UNDRAINED
- 1 CUP ASSORTED OLIVES, PITTED, CUT IN HALF
- 1/2 TEASPOON SALT
- 1/4 TEASPOON BLACK PEPPER
- COOKED BASMATI RICE
- 1/2 CUP CRUMBLED FETA CHEESE
Place beef, tomatoes and olives in 3-1/2 to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH 5 to 6 hours or on LOW 8 to 9 hours or until beef is fork-tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.) Season with salt and pepper. Serve over rice, as desired. Sprinkle with cheese.
- TOTAL RECIPE TIME: HIGH 5 TO 6 HOURS OR ON LOW 8 TO 9 HOURS
- MAKES 4 TO 6 SERVINGS