This quick, one-skillet meal is perfect for a lazy Saturday morning breakfast, or a wholesome dinner any night of the week.
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup asparagus, sliced into ½-inch slices on the diagonal
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ pound baby red potatoes, diced into ½-inch cubes and boiled until firm but tender
- 1 ounce prosciutto, chopped
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- ⅓ cup prepared tomato salsa
- Preheat oven to 375 f.
- Beat eggs, milk, basil, and pepper until smooth. Mix in feta cheese. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a 10-12 inch oven-proof skillet over medium heat.
- Add the asparagus and sauté until crisp-tender, add garlic and sauté another minute. Add potatoes and prosciutto, and sauté two more minutes.
- Pour tomatoes over top and arrange ingredients evenly in skillet.
- Pour the egg mixture over skillet mixture and cook (without stirring) for 2-3 minutes.
- Place skillet in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes.
- When the center is beginning to firm, top with parmesan cheese and increase oven temperature to broil.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes, watching closely for ideal browning, and remove.
- Let sit 2 minutes, slice into wedges, and serve with one tablespoon of salsa on top.
- Nutrition information per serving: 190 calories, 12 g protein, 12 g carbohydrates, 11 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 518 mg sodium, 2 g dietary fiber.