Tomato Basil Hummus
Try the tasty appetizer from Red Gold. It's sure to be a crowd pleaser. Tomato Basil Hummus
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Red Gold® Petite Diced Tomatoes With Garlic & Olive Oil, drained or 1 (14.5 ounce) can Red Gold® Diced Tomatoes With Basil, Garlic & Oregano, drained
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste, made from sesame seeds
- 2½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2½ tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- In a blend or food processor, blend chickpeas. Add RED GOLD® PETITE DICED TOMATOES with GARLIC & OLIVE OIL, tahini paste, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, garlic, basil, salt and black pepper until the ingredients form a creamy, paste-like consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a large serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Serve with pita chips, crackers or fresh vegetables.