Tomato and White Bean Bruschetta on a Grilled Baguette
Start your meal off right with this uber-healthy take on bruschetta. Save time, but don’t skimp on nutrition by incorporating canned, chopped tomatoes. Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories: 110, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 410mg, Potassium: 65mg, Carbohydrates: 17g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 3g, Protein: 4g, Vitamin A: 6%, Vitamin C: 10%, Calcium: 4%, Iron: 6%
- 1 (15-oz.) can petite cut diced tomatoes
- ½ cup small canned white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon snipped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic + 1 clove garlic, halved
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 12 to 16 baguette slices
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- Freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- Drain tomatoes in a fine mesh strainer and place in a medium bowl.
- Let stand for 5 minutes then drain off any accumulated liquid.
- Stir in beans, olive oil, vinegar, rosemary and minced garlic.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Rub the cut side of the garlic onto baguette slices and spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Grill over medium heat for a minute or 2 on each side or until nicely grill marked and crisp.
- Remove and let cool.
- Place equal amounts of tomato mixture on each baguette slice and top with pine nuts and Parmesan.