Slow Cooked Asian Meatloaf
- 1 (6-oz.) can no salt added tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp each: chili garlic sauce and honey
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp peeled and finely chopped or grated fresh ginger, divided
- 1 (20-oz.) package extra lean (99% fat-free) ground turkey
- ⅔ cup panko bread crumbs*
- ⅓ cup each: diced red bell pepper, diced water chestnuts and sliced green onions
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 egg
- Place a long strip of foil inside the slow cooker and press into the bottom. (This will allow you to lift out the cooked meatloaf.)
- Stir together tomato paste, chili garlic sauce, honey, soy sauce and half the ginger in a small bowl; set aside.
- Stir together ¼ cup tomato mixture, remaining ginger and all remaining ingredients in a medium bowl until well blended.
- Shape mixture into a round or oval loaf to fit into your slow cooker and place on foil.
- Spread reserved tomato mixture over the top and sides of meatloaf.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or until internal temperature reaches 165°F on a meat thermometer.
- Carefully lift meatloaf out of the slow cooker and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Quick oven variation: Prepare meatloaf as directed above, placing on a lightly greased baking sheet instead of in a slow cooker. Cook in a preheated 350°F oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until meatloaf reaches 165°F on a meat thermometer.
- *Panko or Japanese bread crumbs can be found in the Asian Foods section or near traditional bread crumbs in most supermarkets.