This cool, classic Spanish style soup is delicious even on the hottest of days. Packed with the vibrant flavors of tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, and herbs, it’s a wonderful appetizer or veggie-rich meal accompaniment. This recipe is as easy as it gets—toss the ingredients in the blender and push the button!
- 1 14-5 ounce can diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 ½ persian cucumbers, sliced
- ¼ – ½ jalapeno pepper, seed, diced (amount depends on spice preference)
- ¼ red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable broth
- Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt to taste
- 1. Place all ingredients in a large blender or food processor container.
- 2. Process on low just for a few seconds, to achieve a chunky texture.
- 3. Pour into a large serving bowl and adjust seasonings as needed.
- 4. Chill until serving time
- Place all ingredients in a large blender or food processor container.
- Process on low just for a few seconds, to achieve a chunky texture.
- Pour into a large serving bowl and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Chill until serving time.